Monday, May 11, 2009

My Present!

Hmmm, what could this be?

Last Sunday was Mother's Day and I got a special and cute cat monster from my lovely daughter.

She started to make it on Saturday. I helped her to transfer the pattern she drew. Of course I did not know that the little creature was for me :-)

She worked really hard, to tell you the truth, she worked for the whole day. She was exhausted at the end. Of course I helped her with the sewing because she picked up an elastic recycled T-shirt to make the little creature and it was a bit complicated for her to go through the fabric.

For the decoration I did not help at all. She just used her imagination to put the tongue, eyes, heart and ribbons on the creature.

This is not the first creature she's made. I teach her how to sew and more crafts whenever she wants to do something else. She enjoys it a lot but when she faces a problem she gets mad because she doesn't want to think about how to solve it by herself, she expects me to find the solution and this is not the way how life works!

I know it's hard when we become mothers because we don't like to see our own flesh suffering but it's part of our life.

Anyway I love her so much and I'm trying to do my best and give her all that I know for her to have a better and creative life for her future.

So, first let me show you some steps from her cat monster.



My Heart Cat.

She made this creature for her Dad.

This is her new Dog.

Aren't they cute? I think they are awesome.

10 comments:

jen said...

These are awesome! She's quite talented, and what a fantastic mother's day gift! You'll treasure that forever.

Hollyrocks said...

I think that's wonderful! Her creations are very impressive, and I love that you encourage her to explore her artistic side. How old is she? Because she sews WAY better than I ever have!

olivosartstudio said...

oh oh,,,here comes competition for etsy sellers!! :D
she is sooo talented! I love her imagination (and envious of her talent-- a button is all I can sew on anything!)..
Bravo!

lolo said...

Hello girls! Thank you so much for your visits :-)

She is 10 years old! She is talented but she doesn't realize it yet.

Angela said...

Oh my goodness! I love all the creatures! I want a striped cat too! Turquoise and red happens to be my favorite color combination! I think she should open her own shop :)

Paula J said...

What great talent you passed on to your daughter!

Paula

Cindy and Mindy said...

As Jen said, They are awesome! And I am sure that they will be treasured always!

AlyGatr said...

Wow, she does a great job. I'm jealous...I'm just learning to sew and I don't do that good of a job!!

livingglassgirl said...

Wow-those are all really cool-she did a great job. What a great mom you are to do these fun projects with your daughter. That's very special.

lolo said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about my daughter work. She is really happy about it! :-D