Monday, August 17, 2009

Pencil cases for the new School Year!

Pencil cases.

For this whole week I'm going to be busy making some cute school stuff !

My daughter is now in 6th grade and she wants to have everything handmade from her Mom for the new school year! My challenge is huge, I have just a few days to finish a school backpack, lunch bag, snack bags, pencil cases, etc, etc. I'm crazy but I love challenges! :-)

The first things that I made were pencil cases. I used cotton fabric with cute print designs on them and a contrasting color/pattern for the inside. I am making them with some recycled and some new fabric that I bought some months ago. Those cases are also good for cosmetics, travel things, wallets, etc, etc. Fun colors and well made. Now I have to continue making some snack bags. You will see them this Wednesday! I hope so! :-)

I promised to keep the Trees Pencil Case for her

another view!


Blue Farm Pencil case.


Inside!

Doggy!

Do you want wake up and feed me?


Blue colorful butterflies pencil case!


inside!


Winter Pink Owls... pencil case!

Inside!


Studious Owl pencil case!


Inside!


NEWS! Buy two pencil cases and get the third half price! Wow... special offer for school items...

7 comments:

Marbella Designs said...

very nice, she'll be the envy of all her friends :)

Hollyrocks said...

I absolutely love them! That's one thing I don't see enough of: handmade school supplies. I think it is so sweet that your daughter wants you to make all of her school stuff. By 6th grade, lots of kids don't want their parents to have anything to do with what they take/wear to school, so she must really think you're cool!

AlyGatr said...

LOVE those. My girl is only 3 1/2 and in preschool, but I have some super cute Alexander Henry fabric in my stash and I think you might have inspired me with an idea of what I can do with it! She loves pencils and I bet she'd like something cute to put them in, even if she doesn't take it to school.

lolo said...

Thank you girls for stopping by...I love when somebody gets inspire with my work. :-)

Hollyrocks... My daughter thinks I'm cool! :-))))

I'm still sewing more projects.

Lolo :-)

ecokaren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ecokaren said...

These cases will be good for keeping dental floss, Q tips, Tylenol packets, etc. separate from my make up too! Great idea!

paperwhite said...

Love the cases!!!