Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Do it Yourself Christmas... Last post for 2009!

Christmas Tree with our handmade presents!

This Christmas was different and funny. We decided to make our own presents instead of buying them. It was another great experience for all of us.

We started to make them really late, two days before Christmas. Crazy, isn't it? But unfortunately we didn't have free time before. So we made some simple but necessary presents. Not too much, just enough to share some love.

My mess before starting making Christmas presents.

My daughter sewing her little creature.

I made little presents for them with a lot of love. Everything that I make normally takes hours to finish it because I really like to put in my feelings, my intentions, emotions, etc, etc... in other words just my life.

Making a skull pincushion to put it in the car.

Finished!

I love to make little cute pincushions because my mind goes far away when I grab my needle and thread and I start to embroider them.

Making a donut and a mushroom.

The music that the sewing machine makes gives me pleasure every time, it's like to be in heaven! Since I was little I liked this sound so much . My grandmothers used to sew a lot. They had the old Singer sewing machine that I loved. When I went to visit my grandparents every summer I used to sit down in front or her sewing machine and dream sewing something because I wanted to hear the sound. Now I play with my own modern sewing machine. The sound is quite different but it's still the music that I need to live everyday.

Making a little pouch.
At the back it has a loop to put the belt through.
Quilted inside!
Finished!

Little pouch with a tiger button!

That was my Christmas for 2009. I hope you all had a great Christmas day too.

2009 was a tough year for me and I hope this new year 2010 will be different for all of us!

Happy New Year!

Have fun and enjoy the moment. See you again in 2010 with more post about everything that is inside my head and heart. Love you all!

Lolo Sinclair :-)

8 comments:

A .J Hughes said...

Love your skull pin cushion!! :)

AlyGatr said...

Mine was a mostly handmade Christmas, at least for my friends. For the kids, I made at least one thing each. I adore all the things you made!

Have a Happy New Year

lolo said...

Thank you so much for your visits and comments. It was fun to make them.

Happy New Year!!

Lolo :-)))

Bare Sock Crafts Studio said...

Wonderful presents Lolo!!!
I love love that tigger pouch! Just what I need when I take Brian to the park and only need to take my car keys and cell phone!
Feliz Ano!!!

lolo said...

Feliz Año Nuevo Marina! :-)) Thank you so much for your visit and your lovely comment about the pouch. :-)

Big hugs for all of you!

Lolo :-)

jen said...

Happy New Year Lolo!

lolo said...

Happy New Year to you too Jen! I hope you had a fantastic Holidays. Thank you so much for your visit.

Love*
Lolo :-)

la Bestia said...

awesome , the colors of the pouch are wonderful y want one for me!