Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Surprise SWAP!



Handmade surprise for my secret friend!

The other night I was really busy trying to finish my handmade Christmas presents as soon as I could for a lovely team mate from the Etsy Latino Team.

We are 13 girls that are participating in this great Christmas presents SWAP!

For all of us it is a big challenge to make something pretty and tasteful for a person that you don't know personally but only as a team mate. To get some ideas what our secret friends like we answered some questions to help each other. It was funny to discover that some of your team mates are so much alike. :)

The best thing about this game is that all the presents are handmade with a lot of love and dedication for that special friend that lives far away from you.

I love Swaps, I think they are awesome!

My package was shipped the other day to her destination. I hope she will get it soon before Christmas. Crossing fingers!

Here are some pics about my process. I can't put all of them because my mysterious friend could read my post and discover that she was my secret friend. So in another post I will show you more pictures about my gifts. Unfortunately the pictures won't be so good because I was working at night and did not have the fantastic natural winter light.


My messy table. Looking for the right fabric to make my gift!


Some extra materials for a little cute thing to hang on her Christmas tree!


Some cute little flowers to add to the gift.


Making a 100% handmade Christmas card with my own handmade foam stamp.

Merry Christmas to my secret friend!
Enjoy your surprise!

3 comments:

Holly said...

You seem like you would be a wonderful person to swap with! I can tell you put lots of thought and effort into your gift, and I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled! I just participated in my very first swap, and it was SO much fun. I can't wait to see more photos of your present!

CORTEYGRIF said...

Hola Lolo
paso para desearte una feliz navidad,que lo pases en alegria con tus queridos.
suerte con el swap.
besos
ROSA

lolo said...

Thank you so much Holly for stopping by. I'm so glad you had a swap too. It is awesome to do that!

Muchas gracias Rosa por tus lindos deseos de Navidad! Espero que lo yahas pasado muy bien con toda tu linda familia. Besos!

Lolo:)